We seem to be seeing a lot of patients for dry eyes recently.
Here are some "tricks" for dry eye problems....
1. The cheapest drop that works is the best one.
2. Put your artificial tears in the refrigerator and put them in cold, they seem to work better that way.
3. Use a humidifier in your bedroom or house.
4. If you are using artificial tears more than 6 times a day, remember to use preservative-free artificial tears.
5. Sometimes an eye ointment like Lacri-lube at nighttime can be helpful if you wake up with dry eye problems.
This is a nice article from the American Academy of Ophthalmology on dry eyes.